Effective Date: July 20, 2019
- General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
- Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Registered User means individuals who subscribe to our mailing list or purchase any items from the Website.
- User(s) means individuals who visit and browse the Website and also includes a Registered User.
- You/Your means User(s).
Types of Personal Data We Collect SucceedREI collects the following Personal Data from all Registered Users who subscribe to SucceedREI or purchase items from the SucceedREI store:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Website (optional);
- Any other information that you upload or submit to the Website directly or indirectly, including credit card information.
In addition, SucceedREI collects the following Personal Data from all Users:
- Your geolocation;
- Your IP address;
- Your browser and search engine information;
- Your device information;
- Your visitor history;
- Your usage of the Website, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
- Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense; and
- Any other additional information or analytic data that you voluntarily submit to the Website.
Cookies & Similar Technologies.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
The lawful basis for us processing your Personal Data for the uses described above will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; the processing is required for us to comply with legal obligations; and/or the processing is in our legitimate interest of providing you information about real estate investing and our other services.
How SucceedREI Uses Your Personal Data.
We use your Personal Data based on your consent to provide you with the Website, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with the Website, communicate with you, and update you regarding changes to the Website and the SucceedREI and third-party services offered through the Website.
By using the Website, you further authorize the following specific uses of your Personal Data:
- Enable your use of the Website and its associated services;
- Improve algorithms;
- Measure service usage;
- Develop new features;
- Contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message, and/or messages within the Website;
- Customize and/or tailor the Website and your user experience, which may include targeted selection and display of third party advertisements within the Website;
- Aggregate certain information that does not include your personal information and disclose it for analysis, demographic profiling and/or targeted advertising;
- Advertise products and services of SucceedREI;
- Transmit and process your information and actions within the Website;
- Provide statistical information, and include you in the same, where applicable;
- Provide you with technical service and support, including updates;
- Provide you with information concerning SucceedREI’s benefits or services;
- Store, archive, retrieve, and make copies of your user-generated content;
- Understand your needs and requests;
- Communicate promotions or other offers;
- Process payments;
- Combine your personal and personally identifiable information with information from other SucceedREI applications and/or services; and
- Facilitate your use of the Website and upgrades/replacements to the Website.
Sharing of Your Personal Data.
SucceedREI Shares Your Personal Data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where SucceedREI has obtained your consent;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to provide you with the Website, and/or associated services (We may share your personal or personally identifiable information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Website, providing the associated services, and conducting our business);
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary pursuant to a campaign with Google, Facebook and/or Instagram;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to share personal or personally identifiable information with SucceedREI’ parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners;
- Where SucceedREI has been purchased by a third party;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities;
- Where your Personal Data is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or owners/shareholders of SucceedREI;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
- Where SucceedREI is otherwise legally obligated to share your personal or personally identifiable information.
SucceedREI Shares Your Personal Data With the Following Third-Parties:
No Liability Third-Party Services and Third-Party Links.
The third-party service providers affiliated with SucceedREI have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Data pursuant to the GDPR and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. You understand that even if SucceedREI deletes your Personal Data that it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. SucceedREI has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Data collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by SucceedREI to provide you with the services associated with the Website.
SucceedREI may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. SucceedREI has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of the Website and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
Personal Data Transfer and Storage.
Your Personal Data is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and through your use of the Website, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Data and personally identifiable information. You understand that your Personal Data may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Data to us, please note that we transfer your Personal Data to the United States and process it here, and that we may store portions of your Personal Data in the United States.
Website Users understand and agree that if they provide SucceedREI with Personal Data that it is stored indefinitely, unless the User contacts SucceedREI to have their Personal Data removed from storage.
Personal Data Security.
SucceedREI uses standard technology to store and help prevent against the unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Data. Though we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, no website, software, or online service is completely safe. Accordingly, you provide all such information at your own risk.
EU Users’ Rights Under the GDPR.
The GDPR provides Users located in the EU under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on the Website. Accordingly, SucceedREI recognizes and will comply with the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
- Right of Access: This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Data concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
- Right of Rectification: This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
- Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”): This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete information, fulfilment of your request may prevent you from using our services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
- Right to Data Portability: This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structure, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred.
- Right to Object: This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
- Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
Purchase or Sale of the Website or Other Assets.
How To Stop SucceedREI from collecting your Personal Data.
You can stop SucceedREI from collecting your Personal Data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that SucceedREI stop collecting your Personal Data. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of the Website. You may contact SucceedREI with any requests regarding your Personal Data. SucceedREI also honors Do Not Track requests and signals. You may also elect to stop receiving communications from our e-mail subscription list by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of our e-mails.
When using the Website, you are obligated to inform SucceedREI of any changes to your Personal Data.
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that SucceedREI has shared your Personal Data with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Data disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting SucceedREI at the address below.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy.
The Website is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and SucceedREI does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, SucceedREI takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Website or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that Personal Data may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by SucceedREI, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from SucceedREI’s database.
Contact and Notices.
1 Progress Drive, Suite 4280
Halfmoon, New York 12065